Does UV Care Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer is the right sterilizer for your baby items?
Do you know UV light or germicidal UVC rays technology? Does the baby safe with it?
UV light technology is getting widespread use lately. UV Care is one of the brands that use this technology and offer new products to customers for a healthy and safe environment.
I’m going to share with you an honest review of UV Care multi-purpose sterilizer that you can use for baby’s items and not only.
Please continue the reading of this article, If you like to learn more about it.
You can see also here for more similar baby products.
“As the owner of this website, I’ve tracked down great deals for the products and services mentioned herein. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you may get a worthwhile bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Thank you for supporting this site. FYI- Prices and Terms of the products refer to the date of the publication of this article. Full disclosure.”
“As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.”
- Product: UV Care Baby Bottle Sterilizer and Dryer
- Cheaper place to buy: Amazon.com
- Product Weight: 5.5 pounds
- Dimensions: 10.5 x 10.5 x 10 Inches
- Power Supply: 120 V,60 HZ
- Rated Input Power:85W
- Sterilizing Temperature: 55ºC ± 60ºC
- Lamp: One unit- 4W
- Warranty: One year
- Color: White
- My Rate: 9.5 out of 10
Note. The price refers to the date when this review was written and may change in other periods. You can buy this product with a coupon that saves $30 from your budget. The coupon is for a limited time.
Why should we use the UV sterilizer for our baby’s items?
When children are born, they face a new environment, laden with germs and bacteria, from which we as parents must protect our children. Hygiene and cleanliness are paramount at every moment of our baby’s growth. Mothers should sterilize every day and whenever necessary clothing, dishes, toys, or any other items related to the child. Among these, nutrition is one of the most delicate issues, as long as germs can pass through the baby’s body easily if the feeding bottles are not sterilized.
Feeding tools like bottles, cups, pacifiers, bottle nipples, etc. are sterilized by mothers and parents using traditional methods like boiling in warm water or using sterilization devices designed to provide complete and safe sterilization. Let’s learn some things about sterilizers before analyzing this UV Care product.
How can we sterilize the baby’s bottles?
Below we will list some of the methods to sterilize the baby’s bottles, pacifiers, etc. that most mums use.
- To Sterilize bottles in boiling water – This method has been used for decades by mothers who love tradition in their daily lives and consider this method useful compared to a bottle sterilizer. To use this method, place the bottles in a deep pot and cover them with water. You need to boil the bottle for 20-30 minutes to have a better result. After that, put them to dry in a clean napkin.
- Use Dishwasher– The most of dishwasher design has an individual program dedicated to baby’s vessels and bottles. This kind of programs offer a good cleaning and steam, make the sterilization at the end of the process.
- Use the Microwave – Many parents use the microwave for sterilizing the baby’s bottles. When you use the microwave, you need to secure that the bottles or another item, can use in the microwave, or otherwise, they may melt.
- Use a baby bottle sterilizer– This method can be most secure, like these products, regardless of the technology they use to guarantee the elimination of germs at 99.99%. When you don’t breastfeed, or you pump to feed your baby, you need to sterilize your baby’s bottles any time that uses them. Using a bottle sterilizer is much easier to use, faster, and secure. If you choose other methods, you may need approximately one hour a day. You can always find a baby bottle sterilizer that fits with your budget.
Which are the Types of Baby’s bottles sterilizer?
The baby bottle sterilizer designs in different sizes and features, but what is distinguished is the technical specifications.
Below are some of the types that we can find at the market.
- Microwave Steam Sterilizer– This type is designed to sterilize bottles through a microwave. This kind of sterilizer is a sealed container, to which you pour water, and microwave for 2, 4, or 6 minutes as specified in the manual. Water turns into steam, which also disinfects bottles, eliminating 99.99% of germs.
- Electric Sterilizer– These design may be only sterilizer or both sterilizer and dryer. You can find these in different sizes and many options. Some of these sterilizers can use as warmer, too.
- UV baby bottle sterilizer– This design uses UV light to kill germs. Many manufacturers invested in this kind of sterilizer. You can find these products in small size and a portable version for sterilizing things like pacifiers and bottle nipples. You can buy in bigger sizes, too, and can use them not only for bottles but for many more baby items to sterilize.
Why use UV technology?
The UV light or germicidal UVC rays is a science-backed and proven technology that kills bacteria and viruses by breaking down their DNA at the molecular level. This technology is routinely used by hospitals to decontaminate surgical equipment and operating rooms. The UV Sterilizer uses the same UV light to neutralize bacteria and viruses safely and quickly from the surfaces of frequently used baby items.
UVC rays can kill up to 99.9% of bacteria and viruses, including H1N1, Escherichia coli (E.coli), flu virus, Salmonella, Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), and Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA), microbes that cause hand, foot and mouth disease (HFMD) and conjunctivitis as well as molds, dust mites, fleas, bed bugs, and their eggs.
What distinguishes the products that use UV technology?
- It kills up to 99.9% of harmful bacteria, viruses, germs, allergens as well as mold, dust mites, fleas, bed bugs, and their eggs.
- Easy and widespread use, in addition to baby’s items, it can use on all hard surfaces, soft furnishings, bedding, and further difficult to clean items such as keyboards, telephones, crevices, and other unreached areas.
- Health and Safe – Efficiently cleans and sterilizes objects and surfaces without the use of chemicals. Safe, environmentally friendly, and leaves no harmful residue.
- Laboratory tested and approved by doctors to make sure that all products are effective.
- Radically improve indoor air quality(IAQ)
- Fewer allergies and respiratory ailment
- Reduce the energy consumption of the HVAC systems by 15-20%
- Extended product shelf life. Minimize spoilage and wastage.
UV Care Multi-purpose Sterilizer eliminates up to 99.9% of harmful germs, bacteria, viruses, allergens, and molds using UV-C light technology. It is fashionably designed to match your kitchen. The sterilizer interior is fabricated from stainless steel with a tempered glass front panel. A see-through cover allows you to see the dishes and utensils sterilized. The product is perfect for plates, cups, utensils, chopping boards, baby bottles, nipples, and toys.
Highlights Product Specs and Pros:
- Protect for child and all family – It eliminates up to 99.9% of harmful germs, bacteria, viruses, allergens, and molds using UV-C light technology.
- Safe and Chemical Free – Emits no harmful or toxic chemicals, lab tested for accuracy and effectiveness, and doctors recommended.
- Multi-Purpose – The product is perfect and recommended for baby bottles, breast pump parts, nipples, pacifiers, teethers, books, sippy cups, small toys, and gadgets.
- Portable and Lightweight – Weighing just over 5 lbs. This compact device can take care of your needs, and it is portable, you can take with you on vacation, etc.
- Large Capacity– looks as compact as a small trinket box, but can sterilize as many as 12 slim bottles.
- HEPA filter design only allows the clean air to get inside and make your parts keep clean continually.
- Quick and easy sterilization– You can sterilize in ten minutes your baby’s items.
- Drying function and Waterless Germ Eliminator
- Touch screen control with timer display
- Dual UV-C Germicidal Lamp
- Powerful Fan
The package will include one UV bottle sterilizer, one tray, two HEPA filters, and the user manual with a warranty card.
- The price is a little bit high. You can use a coupon option and save $30, but this is only for a limited time.
- It works only with power and doesn’t have a battery option.
- The product is new in the online market.
How does it work?
This multipurpose sterilizer has four working modes (Auto, Sterilize, Dry, Store)
- Auto (Sterilization and Drying): 30/40/50 minutes drying, 10 minutes sterilization, 1-minute air exchange.
- Sterilizer (Sterilization Only): 10/15/20 minutes sterilization, 1-minute air exchange.
- Drying (Drying Function Only): 30,40,50 minutes drying, 1-minute air exchange.
- Store (Keep articles clean): It has 1 cycle auto mode every two hours.
Questions and Answers
Question. Is it 110 V or 220V
Answer: It is 120V, 60H
Question: Can I put glass bottles in here?
Answer: Yes, this sterilizer cleans all bottles (glass, plastic, and other types), parts, and pacifiers safely. It is also perfect for plates, cups, utensils, chopping boards, and sponges.
Question: Can I use it as a sterilizer and dryer at the same time, or I must use it only separately?
Answer: Yes, this sterilizer has four working modes, and The Auto mode is the mode that you can use both the sterilizer and dryer at the same time.
Question: How do I clean the tank?
Answer: This sterilizer has an auto mode clean, every two hours.
Question: How often do the lamps need to replace?
Answer: Germicidal UVC lamps from UV CARE are alright for approximately 10,000 hours (two years) of continuous use, with only a 20% decrease in output over the two years. Generally, lamps should replace at least once a year. Remember, the UVC lamp will continue to stay lit for many years. However, the UV effectiveness needed to kill organisms diminishes after about 10,000 hours. It is recommended not to wait until the lamp goes out to replace it, as you would with a regular light bulb.
Question: What is UV light?
Answer: Ultraviolet light represents a portion of the sun’s electromagnetic spectrum. It is the wavelength band immediately beyond the violet end of visible light. The UV range of the spectrum is characterized by wavelengths between 100 and 400 nanometers (nm)… It includes the long-wave UV-A (315 to 400 nm), which causes suntan (or burn), medium-wave UV-B (280 to 315 nm) used to treat skin conditions such as psoriasis, and short-wave UV-C (100 to 280 nm).
Question: What is Germicidal UV?
Answer: Germicidal UV is a term used to describe UVC. UVC is short-ultraviolet radiation in the “C” band of 100 to 280 nanometers. The germicidal range of 180nm to 280nm is lethal to microorganisms.
Question: How does Germicidal kill germs?
Answer: UVC light is germicidal – i.e., it deactivates the DNA of bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens and thus destroys their ability to multiply and cause disease. Specifically, UV-C light causes damage to the nucleic acid of microorganisms by forming covalent bonds between adjacent bases in the DNA. The formation of such bonds prevent the DNA from not replicate, and the organism is unable to reproduce. When the microorganism tries to replicate, it dies.
Question: It is germicidal UV safe?
Answer: Yes. UV Care products, when used as directed, are safe.
Most of the systems operate in enclosed spaces, so there is no exposure to people. The direct sterilization units, if used as instructed, are perfectly safe as well. Care must take to avoid prolonged direct exposure of the lamps to skin and eyes as temporary irritation may result. Careful, responsible use will result in total safety.
Question: Should the UVC lamp be cleaned?
Answer: Yes – depending on the surrounding environment, UVC lamps should be checked periodically (approximately every three months), and can be cleaned with a dry cotton cloth or paper towel. You must wear rubber gloves and clean them with alcohol only. Maintenance will also help maximize the durability of the lamp.
What is the UV CARE brand?
UV Care is certified and trusted brand that specializes in UV-C sterilization, Which addresses the concern of individuals and families, in terms of keeping their homes and environment safe, healthy, and germ-free.
What do people say about UV Care?
Patrick Santiago: “In truth, I’m recommending it to my clients and friends like me. UV Care Pocket Sterilizer and Ultra Germ Terminator have helped with my allergies”.
Universal Records: ”Our employees usually get sick from flu, fever, and other kinds of virus-related diseases. After using UV Care products, their productivity level increased, there are fewer cases of sickness, and if there are people who are sick, it does not spread to the whole office”.
Frances Meris: “My daughter and I caught the flu recently. Since it’s viral, the risk of transmitting this disease to our household members is very high — and I have a 2-month-old baby by the way. I did my research and got intrigued by this UV Care Room Sterilizer. It can kill 99.9% of air and surface bacteria, viruses, germs, allergens, and molds. I started sterilizing all bedrooms and bathrooms the moment I got it. I never felt this clean before. It feels and smells like it has just been sterilized. Two thumbs up to this wonderful product. This is a must-have gadget/appliance in every home. Thanks also to @uv_care’s owner, Carol, for being so accommodating.”
Conclusion- UV Care Baby Bottle Sterilizer And Dryer (Review)
In this review, I have tried to give you a complete overview of UV technology, UV Care
Multi-Purpose sterilizer, and UV Care brand. Remember, this is a new product, laboratory tested and certified, for safe and healthy use for our baby. Being a new product, the customer’s feedback is missing so, we have to trust the brand and the benefits this product offers to us.
I hope this article about UV Care Baby Bottle Sterilizer is helpful for you. You don’t have anything to lose if you check the price today. If you like the product and it meets your criteria, then check your price today on Amazon.
Thank you for reading it.
Please, feel free to leave any comments or questions about this review.