Is Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Worth to You? Or Is It Just an Expensive Car Seat?
Have you heard of the Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat before? Do your baby ride safely and comfortably with it?
In the last few days, I am looking to buy a new car seat for my daughter. We want a second car seat to use at the other vehicles. I use my sister’s car many times when going around with my daughter. I think that it is more practical and safe to buy a new car seat than to uninstall and install again the car seat that we use from our car whenever I need it.
Doing my search, I found this new design from Graco, and I want to share with you my review of this product. Please, keep reading to learn more about it.
“As the owner of this website, I’ve tracked down great deals for the products and services mentioned herein. When you use the links on this page to make a purchase, I may get a small commission, and you may get a worthwhile bargain. It’s a win-win all around. Thank you for supporting this site. FYI- Prices and Terms of the products refer to the date of the publication of this article. Full disclosure.”
- Product: Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Fairmont (review)
- Price: $269.99
- Cheapest place to buy: Amazon.com
- Size of container: 22.8 lbs.
- Item Dimensions: 20 x 21.5 x 24 inches
- Minimum Weight Recommended: 4 lbs.
- Maximum Weight Recommended: 120 lbs.
- Warranty: One Year
- My Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Note. The price refers to the date when this review was written and may change in other periods.
Is it one of the best Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat?
We travel every day with our kids, and the car seat is essential for their safety. The Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat is a new and upgraded design that permits our children to use safely and comfortably for up to 10 years. In addition to the previous features, the new model was upgraded with some new features that make it easier to install and to use.
My experience with car seats
When my daughter was born, we bought a carrier car seat together with a stroller, but this car seat was useful only for the first year because the weight of my daughter after her first year was above the weight specified in the car seat manual.
As young parents, we ran to buy another car seat so our daughter could travel safely and comfortably. We purchased a convertible car seat with a capacity weight of up to 65 pounds, which met our safety requirements. We like our car seat, but with the years, the girl will grow up, and we will have to use another one when her weight exceeds 65 pounds.
So, I decided to search for a design that can feature a long term use by my daughter compared with the design that we use. I have heard about Graco, one of the biggest companies in the car seat manufacturer that operated from 1953 in the market and has created and improved year by year a lot of products for our babies. Looking at the new products, I was attracted to one design that is very much like today by parents, Graco 4ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Fairmont.
Please, keep reading to learn what I have found more about it.
Yes, This car seat is not so cheap.
It is true, we can find seats with a better price in the market, but the question is: Are they all so safe? The fact is that this car seat is a tested product and one of the best that I know until now. After all, the main reason that we buy and use is to ride our kids safe. Many parents have qualified this car seat safe, comfortable, and easier to install. For me, it is also convenient, considering that my daughter can use it for many years and during different stages of her development. This car seat can use in four positions, transforming and accompanying the child grows from infancy to toddler.
- The Simply Safe Adjust Hardness System
- Ten positions headrest
- ProtectPlus Engineered
- Plush Head and Body Insert
- Two integrated cup holders
- InRight Latch System
- The six-position recline
- The integrated harness storage compartment
- Steel-reinforced frame
What is new?
Three additional upgrade features are an added guaranty for the safety of our kids in traveling.
- RapidRemove cover – It can remove in 60 seconds, without uninstalling the car seat.
- An integrated belt lock-off is helpful for easy vehicle seat belt installation.
- A rubberized Fuss Free Harness Storage for a no-slip grip and helps to get the baby in and out.
This seat has these accessories for a better commodity and safe trip.
- Harness Covers. Make sure that harness covers do not interfere with the placement of the chest clip at the armpit level. To remove, undo the fastening strips and remove them.
- Body Support use only in the rear-facing mode. Body support must use if shoulders are below the lowest harness setting. Never allow body support to bunch or fold behind the child.
- Head Support use only in the rear-facing mode. To adjust the support, pull up until the desired height. Do not use without body support. To install, thread the head support straps through the headrest and use the fastening strips to connect the straps. To remove, undo the fastening and pull the straps out of the headrest.
Pros and Cons
Pros for the Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1
- The seat is Nr.1 in safety. ProtectPlus Engineered helps to protect the child in the frontal, side, rear, and rollover crashes.
- Very comfortable for any trip.
- One-hand, no-rethread Simply Safe Adjust Harness
- 6-position recline offers multiple options for a comfortable ride
- One-hand, ten positions adjustable headrest for your growing child
- Plush head and body inserts keep your child comfortable
- This seat is easy to install, both with the Latch system and Seat Belt.
- InRight Latch System makes the installation of the car seat easier than before, in one-second with an audible click.
- It has an integrated belt lock-off for easy vehicle seat belt installation.
- Long term used. Enjoy ten years of use, from 4-120 lbs. The only car seat you’ll need with four seats in one.
- Practical in use.
- Two integrated cup holders help the child to keep the drinks close to their hands.
- The integrated harness storage compartment holds unused harness straps as the seat use in the belt-positioning booster seat mode.
- The seat is made of sturdy and safe materials. The steel-reinforced frame provides strength and durability.
- Certified for use in an aircraft, in rear-facing and forward-facing harness modes.
- Easy care and cleaning
- Machine washable, Rapid Remove cover removes in 60 seconds without uninstalling the seat for easy cleaning.
- Metal and plastic parts may clean with mild soap and freshwater.
- Rubberized fuss-free harness storage holds the harness out of the way for a no-slip grip to get the baby in and out.
- Product Warranty. This seat has a Year product warranty from the date of the initial purchase. If such a defect is discovered during the limited warranty period, the manufacturer will, at his sole option, repair or replace your product at no cost to you.
- Buying by an affirmed and certified company many times for its products, gives us more security in our choice.
Cons for the Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1:
- Not suitable as a carrier– This car seat can’t use as a car carrier for the first months of a baby’s life.
- This car seat can’t take away as a carrier for the baby.
- Not very practical with small vehicles – This seat is bigger than the other designs, and if we use it in a small car could be difficult and no so practical to access the button for adjusting the recline settings
Question and Answer
Please, find below some Q & A that any parent wants to know about it.
Question. What are the height and weight limit for this car seat?
Answer. The 4ever DLX 4 in 1 grows up with our child up to 10 years, and it is convertible in four positions.
- Rear-facing hardness from 4 to 40 pounds
- Forward-facing hardness from 22 to 65 pounds
- Highback belt-positioning booster 40 to 100 pounds
- Backless Belt-Positioning Booster 40 to 120 pounds
Note. Follow the manual instructions for the installation and the use of this car seat. For more about this, you can read my article with tips about car seats.
Question. What is beneficial about the InRight LATCH system?
Answer. The Graco exclusive InRight LATCH attachment provides a simple, one-second attachment with an audio click cue to help ensure a secure installation.
Question. What is ProtectPlus?
Answer. ProtectPlus is several rigorous testing measurements to keep your child safe. The car seat meets or exceeds the child restraint criteria for a frontal crash test under the US FMVSS 213. Below is all the type of tests done with this seat.
- Meets or exceeds the child restraint criteria for a frontal crash test under the US FMVSS 213.
- Side-impact tested for occupant retention with the built-in 5-point harness system and in highback belt-positioning modes.
- Rear-Impact Tested based on the European Rear-Impact Crash Pulse.
- Graco’s RollSafe testing standard tested based on the European rollover testing procedure.
- This seat was tested using approximately twice the impact force required by the US FMVSS 213 car seat safety standard.
- The seat tested for structural integrity in extreme hot and cold temperatures.
Question. How does this car seat keep my growing child comfortable?
Answer. The 4Ever 4-in-1 Car Seat keeps your growing child comfortable with a 6-position recline, 10-position adjustable headrest, and Simply Safe Adjust Harness System. It is easy, and you can adjust it with one hand.
Question. Can the seat cover be removed for cleaning?
Answer. Yes! The machine-washable seat cover is easy to undo without removing the harness.
Question. How long does this car seat have till it expires?
Answer. The Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 Car Seat has a ten useful life from the date of manufacture. You can see the date of manufacture when you purchase at a local retailer. It is a sticker on the outside of the box that will give you this information. Unfortunately, there’s no way of checking it when you order online.
Question. What is the height limit for rear-facing?
Answer. The height limit for rear-facing is the child’s head must be 1 inch below the headrest adjustment handle or 49 inches (whichever comes first).
Question. Is this fabric breathable? Does it provide a good airflow?
Answer. The fabric is breathable, and the child received good airflow.
Question. Where can I buy the replacement parts?
Answer. You can order at the Manufacturer, sending the model number ( you can find it on the back of the bottom of your product) and the manufacturer date of the product you own (this date is on the sticker along with the model number)
Question. Do I need a base for this?
Answer. No, the non-removable base is already attached.
Question. Can you purchase additional InRight latch pieces so the seat could move to a 2nd vehicle?
Answer. The InRight Latches for the Graco 4Ever DLX 4-in-1 are connected to the back assembly and cannot purchase separately. If you need to install it in another vehicle, the entire seat will need to move.
Question. Once you raise the head support, there is no padding behind the upper back and shoulders. The head sits incorrectly then. Is this correct?
Answer. The child’s upper back and shoulders will support by the behind of the seat/seat padding that adjusts as the headrest raises.
Question. Is there a way to detach the seat out and leaving the base connected to the car?
Answer. This seat does not have a detachable base.
How to choose the vehicle seat location?
The best seating location for this car seat is one that is recommended by your vehicle owner’s manual and results in a secure installation of this car seat.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration(NHTSA) recommends that you take the following steps:
- Provide the child safely restrained according to their age and size;
- Move the seat as far back as possible;
- Make sure the child is not leaning out of position, such as bent forward into the deployment path of the airbag;
- Set the airbag ON-OFF switch, if available, to the OFF position
Move the seat as far back as possible.
How to install this car seat
There are two ways to lay this car seat, the Latch system, and Seat Belt.
Both are equally safe to use. Before installing the seat, please, read both your vehicle and car seat manuals. Do not use both at the same time in the five-point hardness mode. You can use the LATCH system in the booster mode if your vehicle manufacturer allows it.
What is the LATCH?
The LATCH system allows you to securely attach your safety seat in your car without using the vehicle seat belt. LATCH consists of lower anchors and top tether anchors, and connecting hooks that are built-in to your car seat. Lower anchors use Instead of the vehicle’s seat belt to secure the child seat to the car. Top tethers use in addition to the lower anchors OR the vehicle’s seat belt to assure a forward-facing car seat to the car.
Vehicle Seat Belts
This car seat can install using a vehicle seat belt. To do this, you will need to change the seat belt to a locked mode for use with car seats. With some vehicle seat belts, this did with the latch plate; with other vehicle seat belts, this did with the retractor.
Two different types of vehicle seat belts can use with this car seat:
- Lap Belt Only two connection points. It can ONLY use in harness mode.
- Lap/Shoulder Belt three connection points can use in all car seat modes of use.
Care and Maintenance. What should we know about cleaning?
- The seat cushion is machine-washable. Wash in a delicate cycle and drip-dry. Do not bleach.
- Metal and plastic parts may clean with mild soap and runny water.
- The buckle may clean with a damp cloth. To clean the buckle, place in a cup of warm water and gently agitate the buckle. Press the red button several times while in the water. Do not submerge the buckle strap. Do not use soap, household detergents, and lubricants.
- Harness straps may spot clean. The water may weaken the straps, so do not immerse the harness straps or latch in water.
Conclusion – Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1, Fairmont Review
This review is for any parent that wants to buy a safe and long-term use car seat. I think that this seat is worth it because we can use it for ten years and our kids can ride safely and comfortably. If you are thinking like me and the product meets your criteria, then don’t hesitate and check the price today on Amazon.
I hope to have been helpful to you with this review because I have written it in a customer position. Thank you for stopping here and reading the Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat Review.
Please feel free to leave us a message or a question about it. You can share your experience if you have bought a similar seat before.
Graco 4Ever DLX 4 in 1 Car Seat, Fairmont$270
The Simply Safe Adjust Hardness System10.0/10
Ten Positions Headrest and Six Position Recline9.8/10
Protect Plus Engineered and Steel-Reinforced Frame10.0/10
- The seat is Nr.1 in safety
- Very comfortable for any trip
- This seat is easy to install, both with the Latch system and Seat Belt
- This car seat can’t use as a car carrier for the first months of baby life
- This car seat can't take away as a carrier for the baby
- Not very practical with small vehicles