Welcome to Coronavirus and Baby– Best Tips staying home blog’s post of My Mum and Daughter.
The last days every one of us sorrows from the worst virus that the world has seen until now. The world is in a pandemic situation with Coronavirus or Covid 19. Despite where we live and work, this actuality is now part of our lives.
Anyone of us wants to know in real-time what is happening and what may come after that. Not all the questions have an answer today, and this pandemic that will have an impact on any of us will take her time to go away. But, what we do in this situation, are we scared, or do we do our best in our small world to win this war.
As mothers or parents, our role determined in all this situation. We need to care for our babies, and at the same time for our parents and grandparents.
We are the target age group of people that understands the situation very well. No need to panics, But being a parent grows us and makes us more responsible forward to our kids, our parents, and our society. Not too young, or not elderly to be disobedient against the rules but in the age to give the best, and to educate our family members to win this battleground.
Many of us have interrupted the daily routine, and change the living style, working from home and staying home. I am one of these parents, and I want to share with you my daily list of staying home. How to organize our day and to educate our kids to keep the Coronavirus away? Let me show you. But first, let me introduce you to the Covid-19.
What is Coronavirus?
Coronavirus or Covid-19 is part of a large family of viruses that cause a variety of illnesses ranging from the common cold to severe diseases like Middle East Respiratory Syndrome(MERS-Cov), and Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-Cov). This family of viruses typically infects animals like pigs, bats, and small mammals, and it has not previously identified in humans.
The new COVID-19 has recently undergone some mutations. This genome mutation affected the virus protein and receptors and allowed it to infect humans. This virus has spread now in all the world, impacting any of us.
What is the origin of the Covid-19?
The unknown is enormous related to the virus. Until now, there are many assumptions, but the exact origin and source not identified. Most claim that the virus comes from animals source. But whatever this, the fact is that the virus now spreads very fast between humans. Did this situation create fear and panic to you? There is no place to be scared for, but to be informed and to respect the rules.
Which are the symptoms of Cov-19?
In most people, this virus doesn’t give any symptoms. There are 80% of the infected people that don’t have a sign or have only a few diagnostic, like the seasonal flu. But Covid 19 is not just seasonal flu, it is an intelligent, invisible, sophisticated, and infective virus, which is spreading very fast. In 20% of the people common signs of infection include respiratory and the other symptoms, such as:
- Dry Cold
- Aches and Pains
- Nasal Congestion
- Runny Nose
- Sore Throat
- Difficulty Breathing
In severe cases, the infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure, and even death.
What are the Coronavirus’ likes and dislikes?
To prevent and make our best for stopping the spreading, we must have the maximal information and try to know this silent enemy.
This novel virus has some prefer to places and material that helps its developments and spread. They are Smooth surface, Elevator, Handrail, Table Top, Clothes, and Tissue, woodwork.
The dislikes are High temperature, soap, medical alcohol, 60 degreesCelsius, Summer, Mask.
How to prevent it?
Prevention is better than cure. In the actual situation, anyone of us needs to contribute. Following the instructions and guidelines of our local government Institutions helps us to have the right information and to do the right things applying them.
What are the most recommendations?
- Ban Gatherings – Staying home- The isolation and keeping the distance from other people is one of the main rules to follow. Anyone must protect himself and the other familiar from this virus, keep at least a 1-meter distance from the other persons, anywhere you are away from your home. No party, No public activities, no on-site meetings above three people. Now that daycare, the school closed, keep your children at home, and take them away from the playgrounds, parks, and any other activity with other children.
- Keep your hygiene under maximum conditions. The most common way to infect by the virus is by touching things in the public, so you must wash your hands frequently. Wash your hands as often as you can, with soap and warm water for 20-30 seconds, and in all the time that the water is missing, you must use hands disinfectant.
- Ventilation- Oxygen helps in our health and prevents virus ‘ spreading. Keep the windows open to maintain a fresh air environment.
- Wear a mask properly– If you Expose to the public places, wear a mask and after the usage discard it in a closed trash bin.
- If you sneeze or coughs, cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief and don’t use it again. In absence, use your elbow to cover your mouth. Don’t touch your face and your eyes with your hand, and avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing.
How to organize one isolation day staying at home?
In this situation, isolation is one of the most recommended things to do, and I chose to work from home and stay home for my daughter, myself, my parents, my family, and for society. Staying home these days isn’t only a choice, but it is a civic obligation. If you don’t worry about your self, you must do it for your children and your family. If you agree with me, then follow me in this article. I want to share with you one isolation day routine.
Anyone of us must create a new routine, based on the principal activity that you do in your daily time, including the recommendations activities for the prevention of the Coronavirus spreading. I suggest you do it a list for being organized and efficient in your time. The most principal to do in my list are:
- Work from home
- Spending time with my daughter
- Spending time with my husband
- Chores time
- Cooking time
- Shopping time
- Family time
- Personal time
Working time: Fortunately, now that we live in technology time, working from home is much simpler. I’m working from home and my husband, too. We combine our working time because one of us must care for our daughter. She is now 26 months and needs all the time, one of us caring for her.
You can choose and schedule your working time to depend on your family situation, your efficiency time, and the dateline that you may have. I prefer to work at a.m.
Spending time with my daughter is one of the most important things that I do staying home, and in many hours of the day, we do a lot of activities together. Now that daycares, schools, museums, cinema, theater, artistic and sportive activities, etc. your children must stay with you at home and one of the most significant times of your day must invest with them. These are some of the principal activities that I do with my daughter:
- In the morning time, I educate her to wash her hands, face, teeth, etc. She can do it for months by herself, but I prefer to supervise her. Washing of the hands is one of the principal recommendations of the World Health Organization. We must educate our children to keep personal hygiene. Part of this routine is the dressing and comb of the hair.
- Breakfast time and any mealtime are for us a blessing time in the family. I think that we must see and the positive side of the isolation, and now we have the opportunity to spend much more time with each other. Eating healthy is another recommendation to follow. Learn your babies eating fruits and veggies, and drink much water or other liquids, like tea. We can involve our kids in cooking time to prepare healthy meals together.
- Playing time is another activity that we do most of the day. Having fun with our kids is healthy for them and us in these days. You must prepare that not every day will be the same. Choosing family games anytime and practice educative games with your kids will be more fun and entertaining for anyone. Keep in mind that the children have their preferred games based on their age. Choose the games that are the right for them. If you have any balcony or garden, you can practice gardening or any other activity with your kids, respecting the sanitary rules. My daughter prefers more to play hide and seek, playing with blocks, and doing puzzles.
- Talking to my daughter is another thing I do. Children have many questions and need answers to them. They want to know why the school closed, can’t meet their friend, or playing at the playgrounds. We must talk to them, and choose the right words based on their age, but the most important is telling the truth to our kids. They must know and educate to afford a similar situation in the future. Being informed helps anyone to throw the fear away.
- Dancing or doing the moderate sportive activity. Doing exercises recommended for our health, considering that our physical activity is limited in the home area. Dancing and having fun with our children is one of the things that you must do. You may choose many children’s songs to dance together with your kids. Songs like Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes are educative and can take in good physical shape anyone.
- Reading time is part of our daily routine, and we practice most before nap time and sleep time in the evening. Reading is very significant for children’s development and recommended at any age.
- Bath time is one of the preferred time for my daughter. She likes the water, and I must convict her anytime to get out of the bathtub after the bath.
- Sleeping time is also significant, and I care that she has a nap after lunchtime and in the evening after the bath.
Spending time with my husband: Living in isolation can impact our lives, and anyone can’t permit this situation to interfere in our relationships. I am a mother, but I am a wife, and I try to do my best in my relationship with my husband and don’t permit Coronavirus to impacts our relationship and family life.
Chores and Cooking time: Doing my chores and cooking my family meals are the things that I like. What I want to emphasize is that sterilization and disinfection are the most important things I do these days. Don’t be tired to clean and sterilize any corner of your home. Please, sterilize any items of your baby, toys, bottles, and accessories. Any age is immune by this virus, but the babies and kids them that can spread faster the virus, risking their parents and grandparents. Wash your clothes at higher temperatures and keep always clean any touchable thing, like mobile or other personal items. Wash your hands as much as you can.
Shopping time: Staying home doesn’t mean to be in quarantine. You need to shop and provide food and other things to your family. Despite the fact that many shops are or may close, the supermarkets will be open for anyone. You need to protect yourself during the shopping time, keeping distance, wearing a mask and medical gloves, don’t touch your face and wash your hands. It recommended washing your clothes when you turn back home or aired in the sun.
Family time: I spend time with my family, I find time to talk by phone with my parents and my sisters, encouraging and supporting each other in this situation. Sharing and caring for each other is very important in these days.
Personal Time: Take time for yourself in these days that sometimes will be stressful. Praying, reading, listening to music, and be positive are what I do in my isolation day.
In the end, I want to encourage you to respect and follow the rules. We need to stay calm, be informed and careful, but no way to be scared or create panic, caring for each other and staying home, to prevent this virus to spread. We will make it! Let be faithful and thankful to all the medical staff that every day fights and faces this enemy to save human lives.
I hope that this article helps you to create a guide and a panorama of an isolation day.
Please, if you have any comments or questions, feel free to fill the form below.